I’m always on the lookout for a good, healthy, make-ahead breakfast. They’re not as easy to figure out as lunches and dinners… and frozen waffles usually seem so much easier! However, these muffins turned out to be VERY easy and VERY good! I even eat them for breakfast sometimes!
It’s a very versatile dish, so you could put in different proteins or add veggies (recommend bell peppers, grated carrots, or grated zucchini).
- Muffin Tin (regular or mini)
- Egg whites (I bought Egg Beater’s 100% Egg Whites, 16 oz)
- 1 can small biscuits (I bought flakey)
- Diced, Cooked Ham (just need about 12 Tablespoons)
- Shredded Cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease your muffin tin
- I grease with EVOO
- I use a regular muffin tin and a mini muffin tin for this recipe
- Flatten the biscuits and cut off about 1/3 of them. You’ll put the big part in the big cups, and the small part in the small cups (I put 2 small pieces in some of the mini tins because I didn’t cut proportionately!)
- Add about 1/2 – 1 Tablespoon of diced ham
- Add a pinch of shredded cheese (I literally put 4-5 shreds on each – it’s not much)
- Fill the cup up with Egg Whites (all the way to the top without overflowing)
- Regular Muffin Tin: 350 degrees for 17 minutes
- Mini Muffin Tin: 350 degrees for 10 minutes
Store in ziplock baggies or storage containers. These last 4 days in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer!