This is a good, easy side dish. We don’t eat it very often but the kids love it! It’s very simple, too. I do 1/2 regular potatoes and 1/2 sweet potatoes so that the kids can get the great benefits of a sweet potatoes without getting gas (sweet potatoes make my kids have gas pains!)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 regular baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 stick of real, organic, preferably raw, butter
- Peel your potatoes. We like to use this fun, handy, peeling machine!
- Slice your potatoes (I slice in to thick circles – just straight down the potato, about 1/2″)
- Boil! It takes about 25-30 minutes because of the sweet potatoes.
- Add milk & butter
- Whip (or mash. I whip because I can use my beaters and it’s easier!)
- 4 days in the refrigerator
- 4 months in the freezer